Beach Villa Rental Amenities
Casa de Luz is a beach villa rental that offers nearly every amenity you could desire for the vacation of your life in paradise – or a wedding no guest will ever forget. Our Event Facilities and Bedrooms pages describe our living spaces and guest amenities, but a lot more nitty-gritty detail goes into ensuring your experience is spectacular. A complete “users manual” for Luz is provided to guests at time of booking, and some things you may like to know up-front include:
- Access Control: The estate is walled on three sides with pedestrian and vehicle gates at the street, and the beach side is also accessed via gate. All gates automatically lock, with access to the property via numerical keypad – each guest party is provided a unique access code that only functions during the time of their stay. There is an intercom for the pedestrian gate by the kitchen, which can unlatch the gate. The vehicle gate operates using a remote in adjacent cabinet.
- Security: Casa de Luz is protected by a state-of-the-art intrusion alarm with 24/7/365 monitoring and armed response. The alarm is programmed to operate simply and conveniently for casual guest use. The estate is also very well positioned to support groups requiring higher levels of security, such as celebreties and state visits (the Costa Rican president attended an event here). Contact us for full security information if needed.
- Parking: We offer gated courtyard parking for multiple vehicles, and a 2 car attached garage. The garage is remote-controlled.
- Power: You can plug in US appliances without adaptors. Our power is conditioned against spikes at the estate level, and surge protectors are located throughout the property, including USB charging outlets in most rooms. In the rare event of power failure, a propane-powered generator will automatically come online without disrupting your fun.
- Water: Unlike much of the world, you can drink the tap water in Tamarindo. The estate provides additional water filtration, and we maintain two large back-up water tanks to avoid disrupting your visit even if a municipal water interruption occurs.
- Sewer: Maybe in Miami, but we’re on septic here! Which drains into the sea. So, except for toilet paper and what went through you, don’t flush it. Please use natural/biodegradable soaps, shampoos, and detergents to the maximum extent possible – we do. And, put as little as possible down the garbage disposal since food wastes can clog things. Being good to septic is good for your stay and good for our planet. Thank you!
- Internet: Luz provides reliable Internet service, with five high-speed wireless access points around the estate to ensure wifi anywhere, from the street entry to the hammocks on the beach. But – don’t work too much!
- Phone: There is a landline phone in the kitchen, and a guest cell phone that you can use while touring or out on the town – it provides GPS, Siri, and can connect to the stereo to play your favorite music service. The landline number is +506 2653-1361 and the cell is +506 8530-4452. Don’t forget to leave the cell when you check out.
- Music: Our beach villa rental offers a whole-house audio system with iPod/iPhone connections.
- Cable TV: We offer cable TV with a good list of stations, and a universal BluRay/DVD that should play any global format and can even play games. The TV in the upstairs Transformer room is quite large, and there are TVs in all the bedrooms. But we doubt you’ll want to watch them once you see what’s out the windows!
- Air Conditioning: Each room has its own AC, so even if one breaks, it is impossible for the entire house to lose AC. They all have remotes. Please leave ACs off when you are away from the house or enjoying the breezes we often get – electric costs are brutal in Costa Rica, and even renewable energy hurts our planet somewhere.
- Laundry: Our wonderful housekeeper is happy to do your laundry, so don’t hesitate to ask. We have an onsite washer & dryer, with local back-ups. If additional capacity is needed for an event, our concierge can help.
- Pool Toys: Enough boring stuff; it’s pool time! The pool house in our beach villa rental has an outside closet with floats and pool toys. Beware of rip tides and rocks which might hurt you or steal them away!